Being able to get to work reliably (or not) can make a difference in peoples’s lives. The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) and Ticket to Ride are featured in this story from WFPL/Louisville Public Media. See the story here: http://nextlouisville.wfpl.org/2018/04/03/the-next-louisville-when-bus-routes-determine-job-prospects/
The Ticket to Ride Winter 2018 newsletter is now available. Click here to catch up with us and get information about our Every Commute Counts Challenge, Ticket to Ride staff email changes, call for commuting photos, staff spotlight and more!
Interested helping your employees & your company’s bottom line? Commuting together via carpool, vanpool, transit, and/or by bike benefits everyone. A snapshot of just the financial benefits to employers and employees is available here: https://www.nctr.usf.edu/programs/clearinghouse/commutebenefits/
Other benefits include employee retention & dependability, and being more environmentally friendly. It is a win/win for everyone!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a commuter match session for employees (at no cost to you!). We offer carpool matching, vanpool matching and administration, bikepool matching, transit matching, and the Emergency Ride Home program. For more info, visit our Employers page!
There are many amazing facts about commuting and carpooling that many people do not know. For example, did you know:
- Average Americans spend 40+ hours each year stuck in traffic.
- About 51% of the people who carpoolers are in the same family and 40% of people carpool with their apartment or room mates.
- As many as 77% of carpoolers ride with just one other person.
- The average carpooler can cut out as much as $600 each month on the cost of their commuting drive.
- About 78% Americans drive to work without carpooling at all, which is part of a peculiar two decade-long decrease in carpooling.
- By carpooling just twice a week, 1,600 pounds of greenhouse gases can be kept out of the air each year.
- If 100 people take advantage of the carpool option every day, more than of 1,320 pounds of carbon monoxide & 2,376,000 pounds of carbon dioxide could be removed from the air.
- About 18% of a person’s monthly budget it taken up in car maintenance, repairs, and gas.
- If you add at least one carpooler whom you split costs with, it may add 5-10 minutes onto your drive time but may reduce your commuting/auto expenses by as much as half; adding more people means even more savings.
- Carpooling means fewer cars on the road each day which means less oil usage, and this can help reduce the nation’s dependency on foreign oil.
- If everyone opted to carpool just one day a week, traffic on the nation’s major highways and roads would be reduced by as much as 20%.
- If you currently carpool, you can register your carpool with Ticket to Ride in order to log your commute (this will let you know how much you save yourself financially and the community in terms of air quality emissions), be eligible for the Emergency Ride Home benefit, and be eligible for monthly drawings. Register with us at www.TickettoRide.org!
Refer a Friend to a Vanpool & Get Paid!
Effective NOW through June 30, 2016 Ticket to Ride will be offering $25.00 Kroger gift cards to existing Ticket to Ride participants for referring new* commuters into a vanpool.
The program is easy; simply explain the vanpool program to your family, friends and co-workers. Once your referral joins a vanpool, you will receive a $25.00 gift card, courtesy of Ticket to Ride. Only seven commuters are required to start a vanpool and there is no limit to the number of gift cards you can earn. If you refer four people and each joins a vanpool, you will receive a total of $100.00 in gift cards.
Remind your referral to identify YOU when signing up to ensure your referral credit!
Ticket to Ride will provide posters, flyers and brochures you’ll need to hang in your work break-room, at your church, local retailers, restaurants, etc.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Bowling, Marketing Coordinator at 502.267.5400, ext. 101 or Elizabeth.email@example.com.
*A new commuter is someone not been a member of a vanpool in the past 24 months.
**Commuter must participate in vanpool program a minimum of 60 days before incentive will be delivered to referral.